Where is my order?
Please review this helpful information before contacting us. The information below should answer most questions and will expedite a resolution.
Did my order go through?
Once your order is complete, you will receive an automatic email confirmation. If you do not receive this within the hour, please check your spam folder. Be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book so that you receive all order updates. If you purchased Route Insurance, you will receive a second confirmation email from them.
How long does it take for an order to arrive?
For your convenience, we have a banner on the top of our website that shows what order dates we are completing.
- Turnaround Time is the amount of time it takes for your order to be made, packaged, and shipped. It begins one business day after your order is placed. Our Turnaround Time generally fluctuates between 15 to 30 business days, depending on order demand. Business days are Monday - Friday and do not include weekends or holidays.
- Processing refers to the orders we are currently working on. We make each product fresh for you. We then package, label, and box all items up for shipping.
- Once your order has been processed, we create a shipping label and send you an automatic email with your tracking information. If you did not receive your tracking email, please check your spam folder first. Still missing? Please email us at email@example.com. We will be happy to resend it and/or give you your tracking number.
Please note: If you purchase Priority Shipping from USPS, this does NOT change the Processing or Turnaround Time. Priority Shipping ONLY determines the time USPS takes to ship once Black Hearted Tart has completed processing your order and given your package to USPS. Priority Shipping will not skip the line of the queue. We have it as an option because it sometimes offers a less expensive price for the customer than Ground Advantage. Despite any other option chosen, all alcohol based perfumes (EDPs) will ship Ground Advantage. This is required by USPS.
USPS Tracking Status Updates and their Common Concerns:
- Pre-Shipment Info/Sent to USPS/USPS Awaiting Item: Black Hearted Tart never creates shipping labels in advance. We also do not keep completed packages in-house for more than 2 business days. If your order date has passed, that means that your package is already on its way to you! Please give it time to be scanned in by USPS. If it has not been updated after 5 business days, you may then reach out to us or USPS to help troubleshoot.
- In Transit/Arrived at USPS facility/Departed USPS facility: The package is currently being processed or transported to your local post office. These types of tracking scans may appear multiple times from the same facility and/or on different days as it is traveling. If your package seems stalled at one location for several days, it may have missed a scan and should update tracking as soon as it arrives at the next major city hub. Missed scans happen at times due to staff shortages or rain-smeared bar codes. If it has been more than 2 business days and your package is still not moving; we recommend completing a missing package inquiry with USPS. We have found this helpful as it alerts them to update tracking information.
Delivered: If your package shows a delivered status but you cannot find it, your carrier may have placed it in a safer location. Please check areas protected from weather, areas out of street view, exterior doors, and any locations where the package may have also been placed. Also, ask your neighbors or your building's management office to see if the package was left with them. If you still can’t find your package and it has been over 24 hours since the 'delivered' status, we recommend contacting your local post office for assistance. Your carrier may have mistakenly marked it as delivered and brought it back to the post office to deliver it the next day. If your package is still missing, please contact USPS or Route Insurance (if purchased) on how to file a claim.
As stated in our Terms & Conditions, Black Hearted Tart is not responsible for damaged, lost, or stolen packages. Once the package leaves our shop, it is in the hands of USPS. We do not offer replacements or refunds. Please note that First Class Mail does not come with tracking information or insurance. We recommend choosing USPS Ground Advantage or Priority Mail. Each of these services come with a $100 built-in insurance and tracking updates from USPS. (USPS provides this service and may update it from time to time. Please review current USPS policies before making your purchase.) We also offer optional Route Shipping Insurance at a very low price. We highly recommend Route Insurance as it is more user-friendly, faster to resolve issues, and will pay for replacement or refund. Please photograph and document any damage to packaging or products as you may need this information to file a claim. Please also document the current retail value when making your claim. Insurance fees, shipping costs, and previous discounts do not apply to claim reimbursements. Please note that filing a claim is the responsibility of the customer and not Black Hearted Tart. We are happy to assist in filing a claim with Route should you need us. We are unable to assist with filing claims with USPS.
To file a claim with Route : https://shoppers.help.route.com/hc/en-us/articles/6027109569943-How-and-When-to-File-an-Order-Issue
To file a claim with USPS: https://faq.usps.com/s/article/Domestic-Claims-The-Basics
If the above information does not answer your question(s), please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and order number. Please put "Attention Customer Service" in the subject line. We will research your inquiry and respond within one business day.